Privacy Terms & Conditions
Information regarding the processing of personal data
The Controller, LG Electronics Italia SpA, with registered office at Via Aldo Rossi 4, Milan, MI 20149, Italy, (hereinafter the Controller, we or LG Electronics), hereby informs you, pursuant to Article 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter the GDPR), that your data shall be processed in the following manner and for the following purposes:
- 1. Subject of the processing
- LG Electronics shall process the data you provide to us through your interaction with the site www.signaturekitchensuite.com/en/ (the "Site"), such as by using forms or contact addresses. The data may be used to update and correct information previously collected.
- 2. Purpose and legal basis of the processing
- We shall process the personal data you provide for the following purposes:
A) Processing not based on your consent:
1) management of your interaction with the Site, such as answering or processing your requests and providing services expressly requested by you. In these cases, we shall process your data without your consent as necessary to fulfil our contractual or pre-contractual obligation towards you or to fulfil your specific request to us;
2) compliance with legal obligations, regulations and EU legislation;
3) fraud prevention and exercising of owner’s rights, such as the right of defence in court.
B) Processing based on your consent:
1) Marketing purpose, i.e. to send advertising material relating to LG Electronics products, services and promotions by e-mail, to invite you to our events, as well as to carry out market research and customer satisfaction surveys. You can always object to the processing for these purposes (i.e., you can object to the receipt of promotional e-mails); in each communication it is specified how to oppose the sending and no longer receive such communications.
2) Purpose of profiling, i.e. analyzing the habits, interests and preferences of the user for offering services and sending communications in line with them.
- 3. Nature of data provision and consequences in case of refusal
- The provision of data is necessary for the activities that are carried out to pursue the purposes referred to in point 2.A ("Processing not based on your consent"), 1) to 3).
Failure to provide data in such cases shall prevent us from verifying or processing your request or from delivering the requested service. If you provide us with personal data from third parties, you must take all necessary steps to ensure that the communication of such data to LG Electronics and our subsequent use thereof for the purposes indicated from time to time are compliant with the GDPR and, in general, with applicable reference legislation (e.g. before providing us with data from third parties, you must inform them and obtain their consent if required to do so under the GDPR).
Provide the data for the purposes indicated in point 2.B ("Processing based on your consent"), is optional; any refusal will have no consequence with respect to other interactions that may have had with the site (for example, if you have requested information about our products or services using the "Contact Us" form). In this case, your data will simply not be processed as indicated in the respective sections (marketing and profiling).
If you provide us with personal data from third parties, you must take all necessary steps to ensure that the communication of such data to LG Electronics and our subsequent use thereof for the purposes indicated from time to time are compliant with the GDPR and, in general, with applicable reference legislation (e.g. before providing us with data from third parties, you must inform them and obtain their consent if required to do so under the GDPR).
- 4. Data processing methods and techniques
- We process data by electronic means (including automated processes) and non-electronic means according to procedures and techniques suitable for the purposes indicated above. In particular, as regards the processing for profiling purposes (point 2.B.2), the creation of your profile will be based on the data you provide in contacting us, with specific reference to the geographical area in which it is established and /or your profession or activity. Your profile, thus created, will be used to send you more targeted commercial communications (for example, invitations to events or events organized in your area of domicile or residence, or advertising communications that we believe are of interest to you taking into account your commercial or professional activity ).
- 5. Access to data and their communication
Data may be accessed by our staff who are entrusted with processing data or are, in any case, duly authorised to process data.
We communicate data to authorities, public bodies, professionals, independent colleagues, associates, our business partners or other LG Group companies that we use for commercial, professional and technical services in pursuit of the purposes specified above, as well as to third parties in the case of mergers, acquisitions, sales of companies or branches and other extraordinary operations. These third parties are provided only with the information necessary for the performance of their functions; they undertake to use the information received only for the purposes of the processing indicated above, to keep it confidential and secure, and to act in compliance with the applicable legislation. We also communicate personal data to legitimate recipients pursuant to laws or regulations. Aside from the foregoing, your personal data shall not be shared with third parties who do not perform any commercial, professional or technical activities for LG Electronics. The third parties to whom data is communicated shall process such data as controllers or processors, depending on the situation, for the purposes indicated above and in compliance with applicable privacy legislation. Such data shall not be disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes and shall not be disseminated.
- 6. Data transfer abroad
- Some of the parties to whom data are communicated, such as companies in the LG Electronics Group, are established in countries that do not ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data according to GDPR standards; we transfer data outside the European Union after taking precautions, including those of a contractual nature, as set out in the GDPR to guarantee protection, security and confidentiality.
- 7. Data storage
- With regard to the purposes indicated in point 2.A 1) to 3), your data shall be retained for the time strictly necessary to fulfil these purposes and, in any case, for no more than 10 years from the date of the last action necessary for the purpose of provision of a service requested by you or provision of feedback regarding a request from you. After this deadline, your data shall be deleted or anonymised.
With regard to the processing of your data for profiling purposes (point 2.B.2 of the information), the profiles will be kept for a total period of 12 months and in any case until you withdraw the consent in accordance with as provided in section 8 below.
- 8. Rights of the data subject
- You have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority as well as the right to:
- request access to your personal data: you may have the right to obtain from us confirmation of the existence (or otherwise) of personal data concerning you and, in this case, to request access to such personal data. Access to information includes, among other things, knowledge of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data involved and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom personal data have been or shall be communicated. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other people may limit your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data processed. For additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs;
- request the rectification of your personal data: you may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to obtain the integration of incomplete personal data, even by providing a supplementary declaration;
- request the erasure of your personal data: in certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data and we may be obliged to erase such personal data;
- request restriction of processing of your personal data: in certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of the processing of your personal data. In this case, the respective data shall be marked and may be processed by us only for certain purposes;
- request data portability: in certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit such data to another entity without hindrance on our part;
- object to the processing of your personal data: in certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, for reasons relating to your particular situation, at any time to our processing of your personal data and we may be asked not to process your personal data anymore.